Paʻa Ke Aupuni is a unique 60-minute hand-drawn, animated film that gets straight to the point. It zooms in on key facts explaining how the Hawaiian Kingdom came to be, how it evolved to stand firmly on the international world stage of sovereign nations, and how the United States came to claim Hawai‘i.
In many ways, Ke Aupuni Hawai‘i, the Hawaiian government, remains pa‘a—steadfast and enduring.
Yet “pa‘a” can also describe something that is stuck or retained, in this case by powers holding fast to control over Hawai‘i.
Pa‘a Ke Aupuni lays bare the realities of this history. It’s a set of facts we all need to know as the push to reestablish a Hawaiian nation gains momentum.
GET A FREE COPY AND HELP SPREAD THE WORD
- 8/9/15 Waimea Theater, 3:30pm
- 9/11/15 Kapa‘a Public Library, 6:00pm
- 9/12/15 Lihue Public Library, 9:00am
- 8/24/15 Paukukalo Homestead Community Center, 6:30pm
- 8/25/15 Hana High & Elementary Dining Room, 6:30pm
- 8/26/15 Lāhainā-525 Front St., 6:30pm
- 8/13/15 Kulana ‘Ōiwi Halau, 6:30pm
- 8/28/15 Lāna‘i Senior Citizen Center, 6:30pm
- Hawai’i Island (Hilo)
- 9/3/15 Pahala Community Center, 6:30pm
- 9/4/15 Keaukaha Elementary School, 6:30pm
- Hawai’i Island (Kona)
- 8/27/15 Waimea State Office Bldg Conf Room, 6:30pm
- 8/28/15 Kona Civic Center, 6:30pm
- 10/11/15 Kahilu Theatre, Waimea, Kūkulu Ola Hawaiian Filmakers Series, 4pm
PA‘A IN THE PRESS